Since finishing the term and being on my Summer Holidays, I have felt very unmotivated to do my self-employed work. I think that I have totally fallen into the holiday mode. But, being self-employed now, means that I can’t afford to do no work over the holidays. So, to focus myself on what I want to achieve by being self-employed and why, a friend suggested I made a vision board.
What is a vision board? It is a visual representation of all the things that you want to do, be, and have in your life – basically, your dreams and goals – so that you can look at it regularly and remind yourself of where you are heading and why. However, I wanted mine to focus not just on my goals but also my values and beliefs of how I should live my life.
So here is my vision board
- my children – they are in the centre as my main focus
- my goals to be a writer, businesswoman and run a social enterprise
- a range of Bible verses that remind me to be thankful, unselfish and to love others every day
- friendship – to enjoy them, to celebrate them and to be there when your friends need you
- family holidays to be able to enjoy time together
- countryside walks which I enjoy so much
- a country cottage as one day I would love to own my own home again
My vision board is sat prominently on my desk so that I can see it while I work but also, I can see it whenever I walk past the study, to inspire, motivate and encourage me.
So, with my vision board in front of me, I will now make a start on those tasks that I have been procrastinating about this week…